We take the protection of your personal data when using these webpages very seriously. The following provides information on the collection, processing and use of your personal data when you visit these webpages and use the services offered thereon.
1. Information on personal data
(1) Personal data refers to individual pieces of information that relate to a person or are sufficient to establish a connection to a person, such as name, postal address, telephone number, email address, bank account etc. In certain circumstances, personal data can therefore be used to determine the identity of a person.
(2) The service provider in the meaning of Section 13 of the Telemedia Act (TMG – Telemediengesetz) and the responsible controller in accordance with the Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG – Bundesdatenschutzgesetz) and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is: P. H. Petersen Saatzucht Lundsgaard GmbH, Streichmühler Str. 8a, 24977 Grundhof.
2. Rights of the data subject
You have the following rights in connection with our processing of your data:
(1) Right to information pursuant to Article 15 GDPR on the processing of your personal data by us with respect to the purpose of processing, categories of processed data, recipients or categories of recipients, duration of storage or criteria for the determination of the duration of storage, right to correction, erasure, restriction of processing or objection to processing, right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority, information on the origin of the data and the existence of automated decision-making and information on guarantees according to Article 46 GDPR in the case of transmission to a third country or to international organisations;
(2) Right to the prompt correction of incorrect personal data or the completion of incomplete personal data pursuant to Article 16 GDPR;
(3) Right to erasure of stored personal data pursuant to Article 17 GDPR, if the data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or otherwise processed, if provided consent has been revoked and no other legal basis exists, if an objection to processing has been submitted and the data may no longer be processed in accordance with Article 21 (1) or (2) GDPR, if the data has been unlawfully processed, if the erasure is necessary for the fulfilment of a legal obligation or if the data has been collected in relation to offered information society services according to Article 8 (1) GDPR. This does not apply insofar as the processing is required for exercising the right to free expression and information, fulfilling a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for asserting, exercising or defending legal claims;
(4) Right to restrict processing pursuant to Article 18 GDPR, if you dispute the correctness of the data (and for the duration required for reviewing correctness), if the processing is unlawful but you object to erasure and instead request the restriction of use, if we no longer need the data for the purposes of processing but you require the data for asserting, exercising or defending legal claims, or if you have submitted an objection to processing according to Article 21 (1) GDPR, provided that it has not been determined whether our legitimate interests prevail over your legitimate interests;
(5) Right to object to the processing of your personal data pursuant to Section 21 (2) GDPR (if the data is processed for the purpose of direct advertising) or pursuant to Section 21 (1) GDPR (or the processing takes places according to Section 6 (1) 1e or 1f GDPR for reasons based on your special situation, unless we have compelling legitimate reasons for processing which prevail over your interests, or the processing serves to assert, exercise or defend legal claims). Please refer to Section 23 below for more information on the right to object;
(6) Right to data portability pursuant to Article 20 GDPR, i.e. to receive your personal data which you provided us in a structured, common and machine-readable format or also to arrange transmission to another controller;
(7) Right to revoke provided consent at any time pursuant to Article 7 (3) GDPR. As a consequence of revocation, we will no longer be permitted to process the data from the time of the revocation with effect for the future. Please also refer to Section 24 below in this regard;
(8) Right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority pursuant to Article 77 GDPR. The supervisory authority responsible for us is indicated in Section 4 below. The right to complain applies irrespective of any other administrative or judicial legal remedies.
(9) Please send all information requests, queries or objections to data processing by email to datenschutz(at)phpetersen.com or by post to the address specified in Section 1 (2).
3. Automated decision-making
We do not use any automated decision-making processes.
4. Supervisory authority
The address of the supervisory authority responsible for us is: Unabhängiges Landeszentrum für Datenschutz Schleswig-Holstein, Holstenstraße 98, 24103 Kiel
Tel.: +49 431 988-1200, Fax: +49 431 988-1223
5. Storage of access data
(1) Every time our website is visited, access data is stored in a log file on our provider’s server.
(2) This dataset comprises your IP address, date and time of the server request, the name of the requested file, the transmitted volume of data and the access status, a description of the used web browser and operating system, as well as the name of your Internet service provider, for example.
(3) This data is collected for technical reasons. The data is analysed exclusively for statistical purposes without any references to personal identity (visitor numbers and page popularity). The data is automatically deleted after 14 days at the latest.
6. Collection of personal data when visiting our website for information purposes
(1) When visiting our website for information purposes only – i.e. without registering or signing in to use the website or otherwise transmitting information to us – we do not collect any personal data, with the exception of the data mentioned in Section 5 (2) which your browser transmits in order to technically enable the visit to our website.
(2) Cookies are stored on your computer when using the website. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard drive by the browser you use and which send certain information to the entity that places the cookie (in this case, us). Cookies cannot execute any programs or transmit viruses to your computer. They only serve to make the website offering more user-friendly and effective.
- Transient cookies (temporary use)
- Persistent cookies (time-limited use)
- Third-party cookies
- Flash cookies (permanent use)
b) Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close the browser. These include session cookies in particular. These cookies store a session ID, which can be used to assign various requests of your browser to the same session. This allows your computer to be recognised when you return to the website. The session cookies are deleted when you log out or close the browser.
c) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a defined length of time, which can vary depending on the cookie. You can delete the cookies in the security settings of your browser at any time.
d) You can configure your browser settings according to your preferences and reject the acceptance of third-party cookies or all cookies, for example. However, we wish to point out that you may then not be able to use all the functions of this website.
e) Flash cookies are not saved by your browser but by your Flash plug-in. They store the necessary data regardless of the browser you use and have no automatic expiry date. If you would like to reject the processing of Flash cookies, you will need to install a corresponding add-on. The legal basis for this data processing is Article 6 (1) 1f GDPR. Our legitimate interest is based on the fact that we may process data to conduct statistical analyses regarding the use of our website and optimise our website offering for our users.
7. Use of our website functions
(1) In addition to the use of our website for purely information purposes, we offer various services which you can use if interested. These services generally require that you disclose further personal data, which we use to provide the respective service. If additional voluntary disclosures are necessary, these shall be marked accordingly.
(2) When you contact the service provider by email or using the contact form, we will store your email address and – if provided – your name and telephone number in order to answer your questions.
(3) As part of the application process, P. H. Petersen Saatzucht Lundsgaard GmbH attaches great importance to the protection of personal data. We therefore wish to inform you of our data privacy provisions in the following.
We will handle your data confidentially and also collect, process and use the data for the purpose of the application process. In this connection, only persons who are entrusted with filling the respective job vacancy will have access to the data you provide. This in particular concerns the human resources department and the affected managers of the departments. P. H. Petersen Saatzucht Lundsgaard GmbH will not pass on your data to third parties.
During the application process and up to six months thereafter, the aforementioned persons will have access to your personal data. In the event of a speculative application, your data including enclosures will be stored for up to 12 months after receiving your application. Naturally, you may also delete the stored data prior to the end of the respective storage period. If you wish to object to these provisions, please send an email with a notice to this effect to: datenschutz(at)phpetersen.com
8. Google Maps
9. Google Fonts
This website uses external fonts (Google Fonts). Google Fonts is a service of Google Inc. (“Google”). These web fonts are integrated by means of a server request – typically a Google server in the USA. In this process, data regarding which of our webpages you have visited is sent to the server.
10. Social media and service integration
We use webpages in social networks in order to communicate with the customers, leads and users active in these networks and to provide them with information about ourselves.
It is possible that user data will also be processed outside the borders of the European Union in this process. This could result in risks for the users, for example, as this may make it more difficult for them to assert their rights. With respect to US providers that are certified according to the EU-US Privacy Shield, we wish to inform you that they commit themselves to observe the EU’s data protection standards.
Moreover, users’ data is processed for analytical purposes in certain circumstances. This enables profiles to be created based on user behaviour and the corresponding interests of users, for instance. These profiles can be used, for example, in order to place advertisements within and beyond the platform, which are likely to reflect the interests of users. For these purposes, cookies may be placed on the computers of users which store the usage behaviour, interests of users and/or the length of the visit.
The processing of personal user data is based on our legitimate interest in effectively informing users and communicating with users in accordance with Article 6 (1) f GDPR. If the users are requested by the respective network provider to give their consent to the aforementioned data processing, the legal basis of such processing is Article 6 (1) a GDPR.
Furthermore, we also use the content and service offerings of third-party providers within our website based on our legitimate interest (i.e. interest in the analysis, optimisation and commercial operation of our website within the meaning of Article 6 (1) f GDPR) in order to integrate their content and services, such as videos.
In the case of information requests and the assertion of user rights, we wish to point out that they can be asserted most effectively with the respective provider. Only the providers have access to the affected user data and can directly take appropriate action and provide specific information.
For an in-depth description of the respective processing and possibilities of objection (opt-out), please refer to the following linked information of the providers.
- Facebook (Facebook Ireland Ltd., 4 Grand Canal Square, Grand Canal Harbour, Dublin 2, Irland)
According to Facebook, only an anonymised IP address is stored in Germany. Besides the presentation of information and news regarding our corporate group, Facebook is used to analyse the Insights service. This is based on a shared responsibility; please refer to the following information in this respect:
Shared responsibility: Agreement on the shared processing of personal data
Facebook is certified according to the EU-US Privacy Shield and is committed to observe European data protection law.
Privacy Shield: https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant?id=a2zt0000000GnywAAC&status=Active
- Google / YouTube (Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA)
We present our own videos, among other content, on our YouTube channel linked on our website.
Google is certified according to the EU-US Privacy Shield and is committed to observe European data protection law.
Privacy Shield: https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant?id=a2zt000000001L5AAI&status=Active
- Twitter (Twitter Inc., 1355 Market Street, Suite 900, San Francisco, CA 94103, USA).
We present our own content such as news or event information, among other content, on our Twitter channel linked on our website.
Twitter is certified according to the EU-US Privacy Shield and is committed to observe European data protection law.
Privacy Shield: https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant?id=a2zt0000000TORzAAO&status=Active
- Instagram (Instagram LLC, 1601 Willow Rd, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA)
We present our own content such as microblogs and photographs, among other content, on our Instagram channel linked on our website.
Instagram is certified according to the EU-US Privacy Shield and is committed to observe European data protection law.
- LinkedIn (Legal Department – Privacy, 1000 W. Maude Ave, Sunnyvale, California 94085,USA)
We wish to communicate with customers and leads via our LinkedIn channel linked on our website.
LinkedIn is certified according to the EU-US Privacy Shield and is committed to observe European data protection law. Privacy Shield:www.privacyshield.gov/participant
(2) Gravatar comment images
This website uses the external avatar service Gravatar for displaying user images in the comments of blog sections. This service is provided by Automattic Inc., 132 Hawthorne Street San Francisco, CA 94107, USA. The email address entered in the comments is transmitted to Gravatar in order to display any user image associated with this email address within the comments. In this process, the email address is sent to the Gravatar servers in encrypted form; the service then returns user images to our website and integrates them into the comments on our website.
11. Contact form
You have the option to send us an encrypted email with your concern on our website using the “Contact” form. Here you may ask questions about our company, our products or our services, for example.
In order for us to process your request, we ask you to provide personal data in our entry mask. This includes your name and your email address as well as additional information such as the subject of your request and your message. Besides the mandatory fields, you can also provide additional information. You may optionally provide an address and/or telephone number.
This requested information enables us to comprehensively handle your request. The disclosure of data you provide in this connection occurs expressly on a voluntary basis.
The personal data sent to us from your aforementioned disclosures as well as the time of contact are only used for the purpose for which you provide this information when contacting us – in particular to process your request. The information provided by you is used exclusively to process your request. The data is not used for other purposes or passed on to third parties without your express consent. This excludes partner companies of P. H. Petersen Saatzucht Lundsgaard GmbH, insofar as this is required for the fulfilment of your request. For example, these partner companies could be: our suppliers, transport and logistics partners and our trade partners. Where no statutory retention periods apply, your personal data is deleted after processing your request. The legal basis for this data processing is Article 6 (1) 1f GDPR. Our legitimate interest relates to the fact that we require your data in order to process and respond to your message.
12. Liability for content
The content on our website has been prepared with the utmost care. However, we cannot accept any liability for the correctness, completeness and topicality of the content. As a service provider, we are responsible pursuant to Section 7 (1) TMG for our own content on these webpages in accordance with general laws. According to Sections 8 to 10 TMG, however, we are not responsible as a service provider for monitoring transmitted or stored external information or for investigating circumstances that indicate unlawful activity. Obligations to remove or block the use of information in accordance with general laws remain unaffected by this provision. Liability in this regard shall only be possible from the time of discovery of a specific legal infringement. We will promptly remove such content once we become aware of corresponding legal infringements.
13. Liability for links
Our webpages may possibly contain links to external third-party websites, over whose content we have no influence. We are therefore also unable to accept any liability for this external content. The respective provider or operator of the webpages is responsible for the content on the linked webpages. The linked webpages were checked at the time of linking for any potential legal violations. No unlawful content was discovered at the time of linking. However, it is not reasonable to expect the continuous monitoring of the content on linked webpages without specific indications of a legal infringement. We will promptly remove such links once we become aware of legal infringements.
- Twitter (Twitter Inc., 1355 Market Street, Suite 900, San Francisco, CA 94103, USA).
- Instagram plug-in
14. Data protection
We protect our website and other systems against loss, destruction, access, modification or distribution of your data by unauthorised persons by taking suitable technical and organisational measures. Despite regular checks, complete protection against all dangers is not possible.
Our website uses the SSL industry standard (Secure Sockets Layer) for encryption. This ensures the confidentiality of your personal disclosures via the Internet. You can determine whether encrypted transmission is taking place based on the locked key/lock symbol in your browser’s display.
15. Sharing of data
Your personal data may only be shared with third parties:
- if you have given your express consent to this sharing in accordance with Article 6 (1) 1a GDPR;
- if such data sharing is required in order to fulfil contractual obligations in accordance with Article 6 (1) 1b GDPR;
- if we are legally obliged to share the data in accordance with Article 6 (1) 1c GDPR;
- if the sharing of data serves the public interest in accordance with Article 6 (1) e GDPR;
- if the sharing of data is required according to Article 6 (1) 1f in order to uphold our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party, insofar as your interests in the protection of your data do not prevail.
16. Data categories
We process the following categories of data: master data (such as company, contact person, address), communication data, contractual data, receivables data, payment and default information. Please refer to the information above in this regard.
17. Third-party recipients
In order for us to process your request satisfactorily, it may be necessary for us to pass on your personal data to third-party recipients. Third-party recipients may include Saaten-Union GmbH, our suppliers, transport and logistics partners and our trade partners.
18. Duration of storage of personal data
We only store your data for as long as the data is required for the purposes underlying the respective data processing. Moreover, we only store data insofar as we are legally obliged to do so, for example on the basis of legal retention periods.
19. Information on the right to object
In accordance with Article 21 GDPR, it is possible to object to the processing of your personal data based on Article 6 (1) e GDPR (data processing in the public interest) or Article 6 (1) f GDPR (data processing for the maintenance of legitimate interests based on the balance of interests) at any time. In the event of an objection, the personal data will no longer be processed unless compelling legitimate grounds for processing are demonstrated, which prevail over the interests, rights and freedoms of the data subject or the processing serves the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims.
Please send your objection to the following email address: datenschutz(at)phpetersen.com
20. Information on the right to revoke consent
Insofar as you have given your consent to the processing of personal data, you can revoke this consent at any time. This also applies to any declarations of consent provided before 25 May 2018 (the date on which the GDPR entered into force). The revocation of consent always only has effect for the future. The lawfulness of processing is not retroactively affected by revocation.
Please send your revocation to the following email address: datenschutz(at)phpetersen.com
22. Data protection officer
Please contact our data protection officer with any questions related to data protection:
Email address: datenschutz(at)phpetersen.com